Lunch N Learn – How Can we Improve on this Wellness Quick Fix?
That wellness Lunch N Learn – have someone come in, splat out some information and leave. Unfortunately the wellness Lunch N Learn paradigm is still frequently the “GOTo” for many organizations, and it has also given wellness programs a bad rap.
When we talk about ROI – the “I” is for Investment…correct? Investment is not just about dollars, its about thought and focusing on a positive outcome for the employees – which which in turn will make a positive impact on the company.
7 Flaws in the Lunch N Learn Program:
- Heads are often not there – Understandably employees are thinking about: food, gotta get more food, free food at the Lunch N Learn, I gotta catch that phone call, what I have to do after lunch…..Oh no another one of these…..
- Privacy – We all cherish privacy – in a room with colleagues is not conducive for feeling safe to really focus and ask questions.
- Usually a list of Shoulds and Should Nots, Do this, Don’t DO That – Nobody is interested
- There is no follow through – helping the employee implement the newly learned ideas, without be over whelmed therefore dismissing them
- They are expensive. Because of their many flaws, success is short lived, if lived at all, showing a very poor ROI
- Does it show thought, respect, diligence for health?
- Short term to long term memory. Learning is a PROCESS. ……so our wellness programs need to be a process as well. The 4 stages of Learning are:
Attention Encoding Storage Retrieval
Our wellness processes need to address all 4 stages of learning.
To quote the late, great David Bowie…..Wham – Bam – Thank You Ma’am…….not quite the attitude to entrust our employee health and corporate wealth upon.
Our Best In Corporate Health live and interactive webinars provide all the conveniences of the traditional Lunch N Learn, but address these flaws, and are far more affordable. Learn how evolution is good – leading to greater health, employee engagement, employee productivity and focus…all imperative for the corporate bottom line. Measure your ROI.
We look forward to customizing your employee wellness programs!
Chief Health Enthusiast – Best In Corporate Health
Employee Wellness Toronto, Ontario – But offered worldwide!
- Shira is regularly consulted by Naturopaths, oncologists, health coaches on cancer exercise and exercise adherence.
- Has assembled over 20 health and fitness professionals with varying specialties to bring to corporate wellness programs
- Platforms include: Speaking, One-one/group health coaching, Retreats, Course development for in house delivery, Metrics to measure success available, Partners always included
- Now offering live interactive webinars, just as if each participant has a personal health coach – making corporate wellness programs affordable to all.
- Shira has been interviewed & published in hundreds of resources over the last 12 years:
Articles featured in: ezines, ArticlesInk, European Registry of Exercise Professionals, The National Post, Investment Executive Magazine, Directory of Greater Toronto, Canadian Leukemia & Lymphoma Association, Prostate Cancer Canada, Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada, Anytime Fitness, Today’s Black Woman, Today’s Seniors, Medical Fitness Network, FORCE (Facing Our Risk of Cancer Empowered), Willow (Breast & Hereditary Cancer Support),
Cancer Exercise Training Institute, Urban Poling for Breast Cancer, ROW – Recovery on Water for Breast Cancer
Shira Litwack, Medical fitness professional |Cancer Exercise Specialist|Personal & Corporate Health Coach | Fitness For Disease Recovery| Industry Expert Cancer Exercise
Director of International Relations Cancer Exercise Training Institute Master Trainer
Radio talk show host/Guest/Producer Health & Fitness Radio
BSc Psychology & Chemistry| Medical Exercise Specialist|Holistic Nutrition| Addiction Recovery|Total of 18 exercise designations