Flu Prevention with the “No Flu For You” Formula
Tis the season…..Flu prevention should be at the top of our minds.
Flu costs the U.S. approximately $10.4 billion in direct costs for hospitalizations and outpatient visits for adults.
2016: In the US, the flu accounted for $5.8 billion in other healthcare and lost productivity costs. It is key for companies to promote flu prevention in the workplace.
2011: Canadian workers took an average of 9.3 sick days. Although nine days may not seem like a lot, when you do the math based on salary cost for lost time, those absences equal approximately $16.6 Billion, not including the price of replacement workers.
The flu can be deadly. Flu prevention should be a priority. Australia gives us a warning of what to expect from flu season. This year, Australia had a very tough flu season. Flu prevention needs to be a priority. The good news is…..flu prevention is very consistent with general good health principles, and the prevention of chronic disease.
In this show, we speak with Bryce Wylde, integrated medicine expert, host of Wylde on Health.
With Bryce we learn…..
- Living Optimal at any age
- Getting sick does not mean you are unhealthy….healthy vs. unhealthy
- Transmission of the flu, contagious points
- Defining the flu, influenza virus, debunking myths
- Wearing a mask, prevention of germs….learning from different cultures
- Airplane germs…debunking more myths
- The flu vaccine Mercury Free Forms of the vaccine, dangers of mercury
- Foods for flu prevention, sugar the many menaces, including cancer
- Inflammation – with the flu and all of our chronic illnesses
- Good Bugs and Bad Bugs – Probiotics, the bacteria in us, their communication
- Choosing the right probiotic, stability, appropriate strains for the reason we are taking it
- supplement vs. natural health supplement vs. medication
- In Canada Canadian guide for probiotics…Probioticcharts.ca
- Exercising – knowing the right level for immunity……the Genomics of it
- Frailty…the #1 killer > cancer + heart disease
- ColdFx, keeping the immune system on alert….in combination with the flu shot
- Genomic testing for flu & chronic disease prevention
- Vitamin D “Do the D” for the immune system, and many other necessities. Get the blood test
- Choosing the right supplements for ourselves …. Bryce travels the world looking for the best ingredients for supplements
- Natural Product Numbers look for the NPN a quality supplement in Canada – not available in the US
- Benefits of Genomic Testing – Wellness is now personalized to our own DNA
Join us for an evening with Bryce Wylde and Dr. Mansoor, clinical genomicist November 9, 2017, 7 pm – Free Webinar What Genomic Testing can do for us. Webinar attendees will receive a promo code for a 50% reduction on their genomic test.
From Bryce to you……the No Flu for You Soup…
Eating or drinking too much sugar or refined foods curbs immune system cells that attack viruses and bacteria. This effect lasts for many hours after downing a couple of sugary drinks. One powerful solution is to eat soup! Research shows that astragalus root (a Chinese herb used to ward off flu), has powerful immune-enhancing properties. The sliced, dried root is available in specialty health food stores, Chinese grocery, and herb stores. It adds a pleasant, sweet taste when simmered in soups. Shiitake mushrooms, onions, and turmeric spice also naturally boost immunity. Garlic and onions have natural and powerful anti-viral and antibiotic effects; ginger and turmeric, a natural anti-inflammatory agent. Replace traditional pasta noodles which are immune suppressing with black bean or shirataki noodles which are carb free!
No Flu For You Soup (Serves 8-10)
1 tblsp extra virgin olive oil
2 lg spanish onions, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
1/4 tsp tumeric powder
2 cups shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
2 lg carrots, thinly sliced
2 pieces astragalus root, either dried or freshly choped into large cubes (roughly 1×1 inch)
8 cups organic mushroom or chicken stock
2 tbsp tamari
2 cups broccoli florets
1/2 cups scallions, diced
1/2 cup chives, diced
1 pack Black bean or Shiritake noodles
Instructions: Place oil in a soup pot on medium heat and add onions, garlic, ginger, and tumeric powder and sauté for about 5 mins or until translucent. Add mushrooms, carrots, broccoli, astragalus root, choice of stock and an additional 3 cups water. Bring to a full boil then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Add the tamari and adjust salt to taste. Let cool for 30mins. Remove the astragalus root pieces. Garnish with scallions and chives and serve while hot.
Bryce Wylde is an Integrative medicine expert, clinician, television host, educator, author, and philanthropist, and host of Wylde On Health. Associate Medical Director at P3Health | CityTv Health Expert | Medical Advisor DrOZ show | Director My Health Report. Bryce makes supplementation a targeted science, searching the world for the cleanest, best sources for ingredients, creating the purest, most effective supplements.
Corporate health programs…what a wonderful way to affordably make the world a happier, healthier place.
Chief Health Enthusiast – Best In Corporate Health
- Shira is regularly consulted by Naturopaths, oncologists, health coaches on cancer exercise and exercise adherence.
- Has assembled over 20 health and fitness professionals with varying specialties to bring to corporate wellness programs
- Platforms include: Speaking, One-one/group health coaching, Retreats, Course development for in house delivery, Metrics to measure success available, Partners always included
- Now offering live interactive webinars, just as if each participant has a personal health coach – making corporate wellness programs affordable to all.
- Shira has been interviewed & published in hundreds of resources over the last 12 years:
Articles featured in: European Registry of Exercise Professionals, The National Post, Investment Executive Magazine, Directory of Greater Toronto, Canadian Leukemia & Lymphoma Association, Prostate Cancer Canada, Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada, Anytime Fitness, Today’s Black Woman, Today’s Seniors, Medical Fitness Network, FORCE (Facing Our Risk of Cancer Empowered), Willow (Breast & Hereditary Cancer Support),Myeloma Canada, Cancer Exercise Training Institute, Urban Poling for Breast Cancer, ROW – Recovery on Water for Breast Cancer, Sirius XM Doctor Radio