Brain training while exercising…..Multitasking that is proven to build mental muscle and physical health.
Think you are too busy with work , no time to exercise, too tired and no energy to exercise?
No Gym required…..brain training can be performed anywhere.
Brain training requires the neurons in the brain to:
- Form new neurons – neurogenesis
- Change and reorganize continuously to meet the dynamic demands of the internal and external environment is termed neuronal plasticity, or neuroplasticity.
We have hundreds of studies and meta-analyses that demonstrate a direct support of cognitive strength with physical activity….faster speed of processing, better memory and executive function. For years I have known I do my best thinking while exercising. Those who know me – know my expression “Let me cardio on it”
Focusing on Neurological Training and Physical Activity While Working out.
Those who strength train know these key factors in muscle hypertrophy. The great news is time to exercise is also time for building brain brawn.
Ingredients to brain training, Neuroplasticity and Muscle strengthening:
Neuroplastic training is accomplished working the brain and the muscles at the same time.
This is where workstations are so valuable. I have an indoor bike with a workstation. Using my workstation I accomplish:
- time to exercise…even on top of gym time
- build my knee strength…motion is lotion
- get a cardio respiratory workout – deep oxygenation
- Get my work done
- nurture my neurons by causing left brain, right brain, multiple areas of my brain to play nicely together.
- Feel seriously great and productive, feel energized – what a reward
Many years ago I had the privilege of meeting a world renowned surgeon from NIH. We shared a good laugh discovering we were both on the gym floor at the same time bright and early every morning. His words will always emanate with me…”I would not think of doing surgery without my morning workout…”
Muscle and Blood glucose control.
None of us are above diabetes. We are all possible candidates. If we all knew how vital our muscle mass is in blood sugar control and diabetes prevention – I am sure more of us would make time to exercise.
The brain of depressed people processes data much slower. Our research institutions agree
the correct exercise, is a vital component to the control of depression. Depression can hamper our memory.
The correct exercise can help reduce the stress hormone cortisol. Cortisol can destroy brain cells.
Physical activity is vital to circulation as we all know for heart health – but it is also vital to brain circulation…..hydration, bringing glucose to the frontal lobe, hormonal synthesis……
Refer to “Healthy Heart Practices also Benefit the Brain” Alzheimer’s & Physical Wellness.
This is just a teaser. There is vast, fascinating research on brain training, exercise and neuroplasticity. When hiring a health coach, fitness professional – make sure they are well versed in exercising body and brain simultaneously to maximize workout time, and the many benefits of exercise. You will never say no time for exercise again.
Multitasking Brain and body health optimizing employee health and productivity …….live, interactive webinars.
Interactive corporate health programs…what a wonderful way to affordably make the world a happier, healthier place. Ask us about our digital health platform and our wearable technology program – where wellness programs are included!
Informative ➪ Informalive
Chief Health Enthusiast – Best In Corporate Health
- Shira is regularly consulted by Naturopaths, oncologists, health coaches on cancer exercise and exercise adherence.
- Has assembled over 20 health and fitness professionals with varying specialties to bring to corporate wellness programs
- Platforms include: Speaking, One-one/group health coaching, Retreats, Course development for in house delivery, Metrics to measure success available, Partners always included
- Now offering live interactive webinars, just as if each participant has a personal health coach – making corporate wellness programs affordable to all.
- Shira has been interviewed & published in hundreds of resources over the last 15 years:
Articles featured in: European Registry of Exercise Professionals, The National Post, Investment Executive Magazine, Directory of Greater Toronto, Canadian Leukemia & Lymphoma Association, Prostate Cancer Canada, Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada, Anytime Fitness, Today’s Black Woman, Today’s Seniors, Medical Fitness Network, FORCE (Facing Our Risk of Cancer Empowered), Willow (Breast & Hereditary Cancer Support),Myeloma Canada, Cancer Exercise Training Institute, Urban Poling for Breast Cancer, ROW – Recovery on Water for Breast Cancer, Sirius XM Doctor Radio