Incentivize Your Employees Creating A Corporate Health Culture
Incentivize employees appropriately, the Investment pay out:
- Improving employee health
- Proven beyond infinity…employee health brings employee engagement and productivity
- Creating a corporate health culture – to reinforce your investment in the HSAs
- Camaraderie- creating a common sense of purpose – creating that workplace pack mentality
- Improving employee retention
- Foster a work – life integration.……not just balance
- Harvard Review: Employees are happier in their jobs when they have friendships with co-workers. Employees report that when they have friends at work, their job is more fun, enjoyable, worthwhile, and satisfying. Gallup found that close work friendships boost employee satisfaction by 50% and people with a best friend at work are seven times more likely to engage fully in their work.
- Promoting Corporate Challenges: Many companies are engaging in corporate challenges, such as bike to work day, wellness competitions, community service events, and other activities to help build a sense of teamwork and togetherness. Corporate goals bring together employees.
- Providing L-A-S-T-I-N-G impact on employee health, employee happiness and corporate goals
The key word here is appropriately.
“When it comes to health promotion programs, it’s wise to avoid the “build it and they will come” strategy. A wealth of research tells us that people need motivation to adopt healthier behaviors and, especially in the early stages. Employee incentives can jump-start participation in programs and can encourage workers to complete health risk assessments (HRAs), quit smoking, exercise more, or lose weight.”
If supporting a health centric, productive, engaged culture is the goal of incentivizing, Incentivize to encourage the wellness program
Incentivize to celebrate the unified vision, lead the corporate health culture and employee camaraderie. Creating that culture is #1 in terms of long term adherence, success of the program, reaping the benefits of health in the workplace, productivity…..that all important ROI. On average, people invest 35-40% of their lives at work.
At a minimum, perks should help retain employees. The best companies, however, create incentives that demonstrate the company’s health culture and inspire employees to health, engagement and productivity.
Poor Choices to Incentivize:
- Starbucks cards or any other “treat” gift cards: Do not promote corporate camaraderie, fleeting….and its gone……, does not promote health,
- Cash: Fleeting and forgotten
- Gym memberships: Yes I said it. Rarely used, does not promote camaraderie
- Movie tickets…..really?
Corporate Health programs. What a wonderful, affordable way to make the world a healthier, happier place….Your Corporate Happy Place